The Wrong Side of my Car

The blog that wants to go obsolete

9 Mar 2021

A Note about Sale Street

I noted the Sale Street / Wellesley Street intersection in the previous post. This intersection got sanitised recently.

Sale Street tactical urbanism treatment

A picture can tell you many things:

There are some details on the project page as well:

To be clear: this is a massive improvement. Man, how ridiculous was this intersection originally?

I did my own take on this sort of thing before. I would have filled up the entire area south of the traffic island. This is the intersection in its original glory:

My scribbles

Can you imagine crossing that thing on foot?

Just look at it. I don’t know what is more ridiculous, the sheer radius of that corner, or the fact that almost every square metre in this picture is either parking or roadway.

No comments

Post a Comment