The Wrong Side of my Car

The blog that wants to go obsolete

22 Oct 2020

Decarbonising Te Atatū

I’ve got my share of sad posts about Auckland, but I’ll never match Bike Auckland.

Note to Auckland: when I wrote “Not getting cyclists killed is not a priority”, I thought it sounded sad enough. But sometimes even I forget how literally true this is.

Three Long Years: doing right by John Bonner

The death in 2017 of a person on a bike at a notoriously dangerous location on Te Atatū Road, near Cellarmans Street, should have prompted action by Auckland Transport.

It didn’t. Nearly three years on, pedestrians and cyclists are still having to use an unprotected median strip, between four lanes of fast, constant traffic when trying to cross Te Atatū Road.

(…)

Go read the article. All of it.

Or maybe not if you’re planning to live in Auckland for the foreseeable future. It’s depressing.

No comments

Post a Comment